Washington, D.C. Overnight Walk: FAQs
Your safety and well-being is our top priority, along with providing you with a positive and meaningful Overnight Walk Experience. Please read the below FAQs about the 2023 Washington, D.C. Overnight Walk. If you have any questions, please call 888-843-6837 or email us at [email protected], Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST.
REGISTER TODAY TO PARTICIPATE
- How old do Walkers and Crew have to be to participate? 14 years old is the minimum age for Walkers to register and anyone 14-17 years old must be accompanied by an adult guardian (18+ years old and also registered). 18 years old is the minimum age for Crew members to register.
- Is there a registration fee? Yes. Each individual participant must register to participate in the event. The registration fee is $50 per Walker or Crew Member. There is a discounted registration fee of $35 for Student and Military Walkers, Student and Military Crew Members, and Virtual participants.
- Do I need to meet my individual fundraising minimum to participant? Yes. The Overnight Walk is AFSP's flagship fundraising event. Our cause is more important than ever, and every dollar you raise allows AFSP to continue our life-saving work.
- Each Walker agrees to individually fundraise $1,000 by the day of the Walk when registering.
- Student and Military Walkers agree to individually fundraise $700 by the day of the Walk.
- Virtual Participants agree to individually fundraise $500 by the day before the Walk, June 2, 2023.
- Crew Members do not need to fundraise, as they are not walking in the event, but do have access to their own fundraising page. Crew agree to work and support the Walk and Walkers all night. Learn more about Crew Members here.
- Can I participate virtually? Yes! There is a Virtual Participant type for those who are unable to travel and/or join us in-person. Virtual Participants register for $35 and also agree to fundraise $500 by June 2, 2023. Learn more about our Virtual Participant type here.
If your circumstances change, and you wish to join us in-person, you will need to meet the fundraising minimum of $1,000 (Walker) or $700 (Student/Military Walker) to participate in person. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or 888-843-6837.
- Can my family and friends join? Yes! They can register online to join you. All participants need to be individually registered and meet their own individual fundraising minimum, though anyone can create or join a team during the registration process.
Register Today to Participate
Follow Overnight Walk and AFSP updates on social media
Facebook Instagram Twitter